Backup your personal data in iCloud or in iTunes.
This is really important because you never know what might go wrong while jailbreaking.
On your PC: Now you need to download Cydia Impactor
(made by @saurik
) and the jailbreak app (.ipa) from Pangu. Both are zipped and ready to download for Windows
(32 & 64 bit). Unzip the downloaded file and execute the Cydia Impactor
On your PC: Connect your iOS device to your computer and make sure you trust the computer on your iPhone, iPad or iPod. Open Cydia Impactor with "Run as Administrator" option. Drag and drop NvwaStone_1.1.ipa
into Cydia Impactor application window on your desktop computer.
On your PC: Cydia Impactor will now ask you for your AppleID in order to *sign* the ipa file. You can use your AppleID or you can create a new AppleID to use only with Cydia Impactor. Your choice. Click the OK button tu continue.
On your PC: Cydia Impactor will automatically prepare everything based on your inputs and sign the IPA file. If everything is OK, the IPA file will be installed on your iOS device correctly. If you get error notifications, you probably entered an incorrect Apple ID or password.
On your iDevice: Tap the Settings
icon, scroll to General
and choose Device Management
. You then see a developer profile under your "AppleID" heading. Tap the profile to "trust
" for this developer. (an internet connection is required to verify the app developer's certificate when establishing trust.)
On your iDevice: Open again the Settings app and make sure you *disable
* TouchID and Security Code and also disable the Find My iPhone
feature from the iCloud menu.
On your iDevice: Find the newly installed Pangu app and run it. When prompted to enable app notifications just click OK. Next, tap on the Use embedded certificate effective until April 2017
check mark to make sure it's enabled, WAIT FOR ABOUT 20 SECONDS and then tap on the Start button.
When prompted, press the sleep button to lock your device. After a few seconds, you should see two notifications on your lockscreen, one from Pangu app and the other from iOS System - Storage almost full. Be patient and your device should respring shortly. When it boots up, you should be able to run Cydia.
On your iDevice: Re-enable the Find my iPhone option in iCloud settings, also enable your Passcode and TouchID again.
To verify that you have the 1-year Beijing enterprise certificate, simply open the Settings app and select to General > Device Management, and it should be there.
Keep in mind the following:
- This is a semi-tethered (if you will) kind of jailbreak, it means that every time you restart your iDevice, you need to re-jailbreak it with the installed Pangu app - just repeat step 08.
- If you did not choose the 1 Year Beijing enterprise certificate, the default one will expire in 7 days and you'll need to re-sing the IPA file and re-install it with Cydia Impactor.
- We recommend that you use a burner AppleID to sign the IPA file, just to be safe. Cydia Impactor will only use your AppleID to sign the IPA file, nothing more.
- Official Pangu website: pangu.io
- If the jailbreak process get stuck at some point, restart it. Sometimes it might take a few tries to jailbreak.